This is a 3 hour workshop for the YWeb cohort.
It’s a developer-focused introduction to WordPress.
We cover the following with hands-on activities:
Overview of WordPress
- Why WordPress?
- Everything is a “Post Type”
- Walk through the Admin Panel
- Walk through the WordPress code
- Don’t hack core!
- Just work in
Overview of Theming and Template Hierarchy
- Default theme
- Child theme setup
- Enqueuing, don’t just add a style or script tag
- The loop
- Template tags and conditionals
- Template parts and template overrides
Basic WordPress Customizing and Theming
Page Builders in WordPress
- Other Page Builders
- Using Visual Composer
- Pros and Cons