Just thinking about buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese dressing makes me salivate!
I thought so!;-)
This recipe was first introduced to me by my friend Paul. A true friend! I’ve since made it about a dozen times here in Korea, and it’s always (I repeat, always) a crowd pleaser.
Wanna please your crowd? Here’s the way to their hearts…
- Either 2 to 3 chicken breasts, or 2 to 4 cans of cooked, cubed chicken
- 2 or 3 cups of cream cheese
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- A packet of Hidden Valley Ranch or Blue Cheese dry mix
- A bottle of Ligo hot sauce (or Sweet Baby Ray’s if you have access to it)
- Optional: multiple gradded cheeses like cheddar, sharp cheddar, parmesan, blue cheese, colby jack, monterey jack, really whatever cheese you think might go well with the buffalo chicken flavor.
- Minced garlic and salt OR garlic salt to taste
Putting them together
- If you’ve got raw chicken breasts you need to cook them. You can cube them or shred them with a couple of forks as they cook. Either way is good, just depends on what you like. If you’re using the canned chicken, it’s already cooked, so you can just dump them into the pot or pan or whatever you’re using to cook (I recommend a pot).
- Once the chicken is added or cooked, add the cream cheese. It’s easier to melt if it’s in smaller chunks. Stir it around so it mixes well with the chicken. Once it starts to melt, you can add the milk to help it along.
- Once all the cheese, chicken and milk are melted together, the fun begins! Add however much hot sauce you like, and a half or the whole packet of the Hidden Valley mix. Stir that all together and check the consistency. If it’s too thick, you can add some milk. If it’s too thin, luck you, you can add some cheese!
- At this point, you have the dip, and can serve it… or you can embellish a little here. If you want it to be a little fancier, you can move the dip to a baking dish and cover it with whatever cheese you like (cheddar or blue cheese or both would be awesome). Throw that in the oven to bake on high until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, bread, veggies, whatever you think would go well with this. I’ve put it on sandwiches and also with eggs and bacon.
Breakfast of champions indeed!